“Your super power is within you; It is the strength you never thought you had!” – Sandy Thibault
- Worthiness Mindset: The first step is to embrace the concept that no matter where you are now, or where you have been, you are worthy. How might your life be different if you believed you are good enough? Choose to begin to look at yourself as deserving of everything good in life.
- Honoring Your Story: At whatever point you are in your life, it is fair to say that you have weathered your share of disappointments, hurts, loss and even betrayals. How we experience what has happened to us makes up our story. The story we tell ourselves and others either boosts our self-esteem or diminishes it.
- Choosing to Move Forward: Change and moving forward can be scary, even we want it more than anything else. Fear serves an important and useful purpose in keeping us safe; when it keeps us frozen in one place, unable to make a move, which does not serve us.
- Perspective is an essential life skill: We cannot change what has happened to us but we can change our relationship to it. This does not mean we simply try to forget about it, or pretend it does not matter instead we must decide to delve in and explore the feelings and heal the hurt.
- Pay Attention to Negative Thinking: Negative thinking focuses all our thoughts and energy inward which in turn creates a small and narrow focus. Resist the temptation to dramatize the details out of proportion and look at it in the context of the bigger picture of your life.
- Forgive Yourself & Others: Remember that forgiveness is a gift that you give yourself so you can move on in your life with a greater sense of peace.
- Imagining the Best Story for Your life: In coaching I urge you to begin to think about the most positive and generous response you can have to your life situation. When it comes to ourselves, we often make the most negative and critical assessment of what is happening, and assume it is the truth. While it may feel true, it is not the only truth to consider.
For more information visit Sandy’s website at www.sandythibaultlifecoach.com