Written by Katie Chin, TheSweetandSourChronicles.com
I remember dating for the first time during my divorce. I had dated this guy a few times and finally invited him to my bachelorette pad for dinner and a movie. I was so nervous as this was a defining moment in our “relationship” (I think you know what I mean). In some ways, it was a way to get over the hump. Just sex, really, but carried so much weight on the other hand. I mean, the poor guy didn’t realize it would be first time I had sex with someone other than my husband for the last 10 years. I called my gay friend Frank who told me to think like guy or Samantha from Sex in the City (basically the same thing). Well, I heeded his advice and it was completely liberating and fun. I let go of expectations and just enjoyed myself. We only dated for a month or so after that but it was healing and I finally felt empowered in the dating realm to call the shots. I remember making these Raspberry Nutella Wontons and served them with some bubbly to set the mood.
Raspberry Nutella Wontons Recipe
- 4 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsps. corn starch
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 8 round wonton wrappers
- Heat raspberries in a saucepan, stirring over heat until they reach a jam-like consistency.
- Add water, then sugar, stirring continuously until blended. Add cornstarch, stirring consistently until blended.
- Allow mixture to boil, then remove from heat. Strain mixture into bowl, keeping both liquids and solids.
- In a separate bowl, combine raspberry solids and Nutella. Stir well. Lay out wonton wrappers, and touch edges with egg wash. Spoon approximately 1 tsp. of Nutella mixture into the center of each wrapper, before folding in half and sealing.
- Deep fry dumplings in vegetable oil, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Using raspberry liquid as a sauce, plate and garnish dumplings.
- Add powdered sugar if desired.