What Information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers will, (e.g. website developer or host), collect information that you provide when you use the Site. This includes your use of the Site contact form, signing up for our newsletter, registering for a class or otherwise contacting us with a question, comment, or request.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Site, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Site, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Site, and the search terms you enter on the Site. This information allows us to improve the Site and the services we provide, and enables us to evaluate usage of the Site and to compile statistical reports on Site activity, and to facilitate the delivery of information on the Site or other websites.
How do we use this information?
The information may be used for different purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with services or information you request;
- providing you with information about the Site or required notices;
- allowing us to improve the Site and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Site; and
- detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the Site.
Under what circumstances do we disclose this information?
We do not sell or provide the information to third parties except in connection with your use of the Site or our services. We may disclose the information we collect from you:
- to service providers who work on our behalf and who have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations, including, but not limited to, delivering marketing
- to address legal requests and obligations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Site, your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond
- to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the Site;
- to service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
We may share de-identified information and reports on user demographics and traffic patterns with third parties.
The Site may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
What law governs?
By using the Site, you consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the United States for any claim under this Policy, and agree that the laws of the State of Minnesota will govern any and all claims. You also agree that any and all claims under this policy will be brought in the state and federal courts of Minnesota.
How is your information secured?
We endeavor to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Site. We are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
What choices do you have?
Certain of our emails may contain an option to opt-out of future emails. You may also opt out of receiving further communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and letting us know the email address you would like removed from our lists.
How can you contact us?